How it works
With Growprobes sleek design it scoops the soil on 4 levels so you can analyse if your plant really needs watering.
Push the GrowProbe into the bottom of the pot, and pull it out gently.
Rub the soil between two fingers to check how moist the soil is.
Ideal watering times vary between plants, seasons and environment, use the scale below as a general guide.
Our top tips
- Best used on pots 12cm (diameter) and up
- Push the probe into an empty space in the pot, avoiding the base of the plant
- Avoid using it on root dense plants such as Bonsai. If it doesnt go in easily, don't push it
- If the GrowProbe is used on a diseased plant, be sure to sterilize the GrowProbe after using to avoid transmission to other plants
- Best suited for soil based media as the notches aren't able to pick up larger materials such as Bark
- Unless the soil sample is obvious that it is either wet or dry, feeling the sample between two fingers is always the best practice, as going off colour alone can be deceivingIn larger pots, probe several times in different areas to confirm the soil moisture
Made from recycled materials
Keeping it local Growprobes are made right here in Kirikiriroa (Hamilton), Aotearoa. We are focused on minimizing waste by using recycled plastics and choosing recyclable packaging
Want to know how to grow healthier and happier plants?
Jump across to our blog section where you can find helpful tips and tricks on how to take better care of your plants.